Save as CSV (Text Tutorial)
To upload a list to VerticalResponse it needs to be saved in Comma Separated Values (.csv) format. Below you’ll find instructions on how to save spreadsheets, databases and contact lists as CSV using a number of different programs. If the program you’re using is not listed below, use the help and documentation provided within that program to find out how to save as CSV.
1. Go to File
2. Click “Save As”
3. Use the Format drop down menu to choose Comma Separated Values (.csv)
4. Give your file a name and choose where on your computer you’d like to save it
5. Click Save
1. Go to File
2. Click Export
3. Select “Address Book”
4. Choose to create and save a Text File (Comma Separated Values)
5. Click “Export”
1. Go to File
2. Click Import and Export
3. Select Comma Separated Values (Windows) and click “Next”
4. Select the “Contacts” folder and click “Next”
5. Give your file a name and choose where on your computer you’d like to save it
6. Click Next and then Finish
- Pick Outlook Data File (.pst) if you're going to use these items in Outlook on another computer.
- Pick Comma Separated Values if you're going to use these items in almost any other program.
Use our simple Web Address Book Import Tool to create your list.
1. Open the ACT! Database that contains the records you want to export
2. Go to “File”
3. Select “Data Exchange”
4. Click “Export”
5. This will open the “Export Wizard.” From here, use the “File Type” drop down menu to choose “Text-Delimited”
6. Select the “Browse” button for Filename and Location
7. Enter a name for your file in the File Name box and use the “Save as Type” drop down to select “Text - Delimited (.csv)”
8. Click “Save” and then click “Next”
9. Select “Contact Records Only” and click “Options.” This will open the Export Options dialog box
10. From within the “Select Field Separator” box, check “Comma”
11. From within the “Do You Want to Export Field Names” box, check “Yes, export field names”
12. Click “OK” and then click “Next”
13. Now select which contact records you’d like to export “Current Record” will only export the single record you have selected. “Current Lookup” exports all the records that match your current lookup. “All Records” exports the entire database
14. Click “Next”
15. Choose which fields you want to export as part of your list. Be sure to include email addresses or - as you might expect - you won’t be able to send out an email
16. Click “Finish” to export the file
To save records as an Excel file:
1.Display the layout that shows the fields you want to include in the Excel file.
2. In Browse or Layout mode, choose File menu > Save/Send Records As > Excel.
In Preview mode, click Save As Excel in the status toolbar.
3. In the Save Records As Excel dialog box, enter a name for the file.
4. For Save as type, choose an Excel file type.
5. Specify where to store the file, what to save, whether to automatically open the file, and whether to create an email with the Excel file as an attachment.
- You can save the current record or all the records in the current found set.
- If you select Create email with file as attachment, an email is created with the Excel file attached.
6. Click Options to set the Excel options:
- If you don’t want to include the field names, clear the Use field names as column names in first row checkbox.
- For Worksheet, Title, Subject, and Author, enter descriptive information about the file.
7. Click OK.
8. Click Save.
1. Go to File
2. Click “Export”
3. Choose CSV
4. Select Unicode (UTF-8) from the Text Encoding drop down
5. Click “Next”
6. Name your File and click “Export”
The Apple Address Book cannot export records to a CSV file - it can only export records as vcards. As a result you’ll need to download a utility that can either create CSV files from the address book or convert vcards to CSV. The download page on Apple’s website provides access to several such utilities that may work for you. Take a look at this page and search for some variation of “address book csv.”
Salesforce users should use VerticalResponse for AppExchange. This integrates your VerticalResponse account directly with your Salesforce lead & contact records. There is no additional fee for using the Salesforce version of our application.
- Click-to-Conversion FAQs
- Make the Email Service Providers Switch [guide]
- Hosted Version of an Email
- 2012 Delivery Changes
- Refer a Friend Program
- Call to Action Buttons (text tutorial)
- Relinking Social Media accounts
- Social Media Response Numbers
- Track Conversion Rates (text tutorial)
- Save a List in CSV Format (text tutorial)