Call to Action Buttons (text tutorial)
We suggest using a call-to-action in your email, what the action is you want your readers to take, and especially using a call-to-action button to help them do just that. Now you can create your own call-to-action (CTA) button!
Our button site will guide you through creating the button you need for your emails, buttons.verticalreponse.com
To help you get started here are a few simple steps:
1. In the Button Text box enter what you want your button to say. It’s best to use action verbs such as Buy, Learn, Create, Start, Sign Up, Register, etc. This is a small space so keep the text to a minimum. Also, to prevent the text from breaking to the next line use alt+space (option+space for Mac users) instead of using just the space bar.
2. Now the fun part! The next 5 drop-down menus let you create just the button you want to use. Each change you make will show up on the sample in the Live Button Preview box.
- Shape - Select from Rounded corners, Rectangle, Square or Circle
- Button Color – Color options are White, Green, Blue, Red, Purple, and Black. Or, if you wish to match a specific color you can enter the color code you would like to use
- Border Color - The default here is No Border but you can add one if you like. Try using white to give a smooth finish to the edges of the button.
- Font - Helvetica, Helvetica Rounded, Georgia, Impact, Trebuchet, Brush Script, Comic Sans, Verdana and Times New Roman
- Font Color - Text color options are White, Green, Blue, Red, Purple, and Black. And just like button color you also have the option to enter a specific color code.
3. Once you create your perfect button enter your email address and click Send Me My Button.
4. Follow the instructions in the email you receive to download it. Then either use it on your website or upload to your image library and use in your email! If you are looking for help adding images to your email please go here.
Looking for more tips on using buttons in an email? Check out our blog post!
- Click-to-Conversion FAQs
- Make the Email Service Providers Switch [guide]
- Hosted Version of an Email
- 2012 Delivery Changes
- Refer a Friend Program
- Relinking Social Media accounts
- Social Media Response Numbers
- Track Conversion Rates (text tutorial)
- Learning Tracks
- Pre-Header Text Help (Video 1:39 minutes)