Add Questions and Other Content to a Survey (Text Tutorial)
You will encounter "Insert Here" buttons throughout your survey when creating content. These buttons allow you to add new questions, new comment boxes and page breaks to your survey.
Types of Questions
Our survey application includes six different types of questions:
- Multiple Choice - A question that provides a list of answers from which the respondent may make one selection.
- Multiple Answer - A question that includes a list of answers from which the respondent may make multiple selections.
- Single Rating - A question in which you create a rating scale that is used to rate a single item.
- Multiple Rating - A question in which you create a rating scale that is used to rate multiple items.
- Priority List - A question in which a list of items are ranked 1 though however many items are listed.
- Free Response - A question in which the respondent is presented with an empty box within which they can enter any answer they like.
Once you've created a question, you can drag & drop it to different areas within the survey, including between pages. Using the "Switch to Condensed View" link at the top of the Customize It page (which condenses your display by hiding the answers to questions) can make it easier to move questions around.
Comment blocks can be used to add text, links and images throughout your survey. A comment block is a useful way to provide a description or illustration for a series of questions.
Page breaks are used to split a single page into two pages.